Sunday, April 21, 2013

Busy Weekend!

I have had a busy busy weekend! But productive too, that's for sure!

I spun almost one bobbin's worth of mountain goat fibre (after I plied 3 bobbin's worth to free up space!)



I started knitting up a sampler from my first skein of mountain goat fibre. This will test of the qualities of yarn as well as a new pattern I designed. Can you see the mountains in my texture!?



Also! A new toy arrived in the mail! After a lively discussion on Russian drop spindles, I was convinced to buy one from Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts.  I can't wait to give it a try... I have some camel in my stash from just such an occasion. Now I just need to finish up my OTHER projects... but this one is alllll ready to start!



Later today - baking muffins, knitting a baby blanket, and cooking dinner: a gloriously domestic Sunday afternoon! Right on.

Cheers!
-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment