Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaching!!!



Yes! I am going to give teaching a try!

Starting in February this year, I will be teaching a beginners knitting class at Bird On A Wire Creations in Vancouver. We will learn how to knit and purl, the differences between stockinette and garter stitch, and how to make a pair of funky wrist warmers with that knowledge!

I am still working on the course outline and putting together my own unique pattern just for students of the class; and I am TOTALLY stoked. I have never taught a large group before, and I can't wait to get started. I will admit, I'm pretty nervous, but I think once I get talking about yarn and needles I will start to feel right at home!

Classes are currently scheduled for Friday nights from 6:30 - 8:30pm on February 8th and 15th. I will also be teaching an intermediate class in March - more info on that coming soon!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at graceverhagen@gmail.com or Bird On A Wire directly!

Cheers!
-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment