Saturday, July 27, 2013

Adventure-time!



Whew! I had a very adventure-some week!

First off, Sweetgeorgia Yarns posted the last of my Fibre Sampling Sessons blog posts! This week, I discussed the different silk blends that Sweetgeorgia has to offer. I also wrote other posts featuring BFL and Merino earlier this month - please check them out if you haven't already done so!

Now, what's the on the wheel?


A MISTAKE FROM WORK that's what! Whoopie!
The Sweetgeorgia Yarns colourway "Rogue" is not supposed to have white in it... and I dyed a batch of Merino/Bamboo/Silk too patchy. Sniff sniff. Well, at least I still thought it was beautiful! So I bought the entire pound of fibre and brought it home to spin.


I am breaking the top up into small random chunks to blend the colours together a little. I am going to spin it as a sock-weight 2 ply yarn to knit a cardigan out of one day...


I did a little sample skein (and knitted a swatch too, but I have not taken a photo of that yet...), and I am super happy with how it is turning out! I am working on the last 100 gram bobbin of singles right now, and I will post more photos as I progress!

Lastly, this weekend my buddy from work and I climbed the Chief! I had never been up this mountain before, but I made it to the top of the first peak this morning. What a view! We went early in the morning to escape the heat and crowds, and it was a wonderful experience. The view was amazing, the hike was a challenge, I was a sweaty mess by the time I reached the top, but I made a new friend when I got there.









What's next? I am planning on casting on the Goat Coat pretty soon. And I need to keep on working on preparing for my spinning lessons. It keeps me busy, but I am loving every minute of it...

Cheers!
- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment