Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saltspring Slouchy Hat





Today I have published my "Saltspring" slouchy hat! A fun, big slouchy hat knit from worsted weight yarn that requires some knowledge of short rows (I have not included directions for the theory of short rows themselves - there was many wonderful tutorials on for free on the internet that explain them much better than I! My favorite is from the Purl Bee - http://www.purlbee.com/short-row-tutorial/).

Please download the pattern here!

or check it out in my Ravelry Store with my other patterns!



From the pattern notes:

"Anyone who has travelled to this small island off Vancouver Island’s coast can tell you how beautiful and unique Saltspring is. Home to an unlimited amount of crafty talent, robust little farms, and the welcoming community of Ganges, this area is one of the highlights of our province. It has its own laid-back style, and I tried to capture that charm in this slouchy hat. This long toque uses short rows to create a fun and funky shape, and its simple pattern really emphasizes the use of any colourful or textured yarn. Try it with worsted weight handspun, or with a special handpainted yarn. "



As always, please send along your feedback if you knit this pattern, and I just LOVE seeing photos of finished objects too!

Cheers!
-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment